Huntsman Hall Study Lounge Policy
In order to make the most efficient use of our limited study space in Huntsman Hall, The Wharton One School Group, comprised of students and administrators from the Graduate and Undergraduate Divisions, and Wharton's Operations group, established the policies for the use of Study Lounges in this building. Please remember that we all share this facility, and must be considerate of the needs of other students.
Leaving personal belongings in a study space does not reserve that space for you.
- You are not permitted to reserve space in any study lounge
- Personal belongings should not be left unattended for any length of time in order to avoid the potential loss of personal property
- If you are looking for study space and a carrel is unoccupied but has another student's belongings sitting at it, politely move the person's personal belongings under the desk and use the space. It is up to the students themselves to monitor and enforce this policy
- Neither the administration nor student organizations will be held responsible for loss or damage suffered to personal property left unattended
The facility can be used by all members of the U. of Pennsylvania community.
- Wharton students do not have priority over others in this space
- Wharton MBA students do not have priority in the second floor study lounge
- Wharton Undergraduate students do not have priority in the first floor study lounge.
If you cannot find available study space in Huntsman Hall, you should utilize other available study space on Penn�s campus. These spaces include, but are not limited to:
Fine Arts/Furness Library* (
LGBT Center Library
Lippincott Library* (2nd & 3rd floors on west end).
Penn Bookstore (36th and Walnut – 2nd floor)
Steinberg Hall-Dietrich Hall* (3620 Locust Walk)
Williams Hall (
Van Pelt Library* (Locust Walk between 34th & 35th Sts.)
Weigle Information Commons (1st floor of Van Pelt, specializes in collaborative space):
Weiss Tech House
Also, PennApps Labs has created a webapp to find study spaces on the Penn campus.
*wireless PennNet access available.